13 yr old Masterbating
My girl is 13. I have recently found out that she has been masterbating for a year now when she is in her room. thank god she doesn't do it on public. She talked To me saying that it made her tickle and feel pleasurable. She also told me that she uses a brush to do it. That she keeps her underwear on and just rubs the brush back and forth on the private part until she can't do it anymore. She also uses other things. She has never been sexually abused though and knows about sex and how to be cautious. Should I be worried? Please help.
I think this is very normal and she does it appropriately in private.  I am also glad she talked to you about this.  Just make sure she knows what might hurt her and avoids things that could cause harm or infection.
Thanks so much for helping. I have talked to her about how to do it without hurting herself. Thank again it really helped.
Hello, There is nothing to be worried about :) It's pretty normal, some of my friends told me they started to masturbate at the age of 11 and up. When i ask why, they always say because they're curious. Just let her know that she might get an infection from the brush or something.