Parenting Teens (12-17) Community
14 Y/O DAUGHTER DIDNT COME HOME FROM SCHOOL

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting teens (age 12-17), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, choosing a college, and relationships.

Good mornign everyone. I came across this group while trying to find answers about my teenage daughter. Yesterday she didnt come home from school. I called the cops and made a police report. I was told a detective would be in contact with me but there is nothing much that can be done at this time.  My daughter has been acting out lately. Just two weeks ago she ran away because I disciplined her for acting up in school, this is her first year in highschool and I have noticed the change in her since she has started, I found her the next day on Friday around 3pm she didnt have a care in the world and was very non chalant and acting as if she didnt have to listen to me. Now yesterday when I dropped her off we had no problems, she was smiling and gave me a kiss and hug, I really thought she was improving these past two weeks and was beginning to think things would be back to normal. Well that isnt the case to be since she isnt here today. I am confused because this has never happend before now. She is s completely new person. I JUST REALLY NEED TO KNOW WHAT SHOULD I BE EXPECTING FROM HERE ON OUT?? HOW LONG WILL SHE KEEP THIS UP??  It is hard seeing her act like this when just around this time last year she was so good and listening. There is also this older guy that she has met, this sick perv is 22 years old and I know he has poisoned my daughters mind, I have been to the SVU twice already trying to have this sick ******* locked up!!!! Yet my daughter refuses to give any information up about him.. If anyone else have experienced this or something similar, please tell me what should I expect??? I am praying my daughter returns home safely. There arent many groups or programs for concerned parents, there should really be more. I thank you all in advance for reading this and givng me insight on what is going on with my teenage daughter
If she is with him, that might be why her mood was so improved in the last two weeks.  If she is, he is opening himself to statutory rape charges, so I am not sure why the police are acting disinterested.  Trace her by her cellphone if you can, go onto her computer to see who she has been talking to (if she has a computer), check her room in depth, for ideas about what she has been doing.  Ask her best friend (or have the detectives do so).