Parenting Teens (12-17) Community
18 yr old boy Wearing a Bra to School??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting teens (age 12-17), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, choosing a college, and relationships.

18 yr old boy Wearing a Bra to School??

My brother just turned 18 years old.. but he is mentally challenged, and is in special classes at a high school.  Here lately he has started taking my mothers bras and underwear.. and he wore my mothers bra to school the other day..  Does anyone have any suggestions about what might be wrong with him? Hes defensive all the time not just about the underwear thing.. but about everything. He has started smoking, and chewing, and gets angry really easily. He has been caught playing with himself in public area's such as the school bus on the way to school... Could this be the onset of some kind of mental illness?? Does anyone have any idea's?? Plz help.. thanx..
Tags: boys, bra, school, mental, disorder?
tell your parents they need to make this decison not you,Im not concered about wearing female undergarments but mastrubating in public is a crime.
My parents ARE the ones making this decision, They  asked for my help and if I had any suggestions.. so all Im doing is passing along any useful information that I might get! Thanks!!
well factually he has the legal right to smoke and chew at 18, he also has the right to cross dress even if its only panties and bra, he does not have the right to play with himslef in public that is called lewd and indecent  behavior and he could find himself listed as a sexual predator.

These are the legal facts.The very sudden behavioral changes suggest some sort of chemical imba;ance is he using?
the fact that he is smoking and chewing is legal Im aware.. Its just that it started so suddenly, no he isnt using anything.. he has the mental capacity of a 10 year old.. He is angry argumentative, easily annoyed.. but no.. no drugs.. he has no access.. my mom smokes which is where he gets those.. and my other brother chews.. which is where he gets that.. no one in my immediate family does drugs.. so thereforee he has no access.. .. This past summer he started freaking out, and seeing things.. dead ppl he said.. he doesnt watch horror movies.. im not sure what is going on with him.. I came to this site b/c my mom asked if I had any ideas about what was going on.. its not just littlew things that are the problems.. its the whole big picture that is bothering us
I  get what your saying, is it possible in the past few recent months someone could hav abused or hurt him?   Im fishing around cause all of these sudden behavioral changes at once sounds like a cry for help, does he go for counselin? One idea would be for brother to hide his chew and mom to store her bras and panties somehere else, try that and see what happens, Im concerned for your family about the public mastrubation, people are put off by that and some dont understand or care that hes disabled, I could walk on by and it wouldnt bother me but in all fairness its not good for children to see that,

theres a forum on here where doctors answer your questions perhaps if you reposted there you may get some better advice, wish i could help more, Id forsure hide the stuff on him, this may just make it worse though, why not have mom sit down adn say ok, Im gonnna let you have oh Idk like 5 cigarettes a day,
lol.. thanx for the advice I will pass it along, and no abuse that I am aware of. He was going to our old babysitters last summer, and thats when he "started seeing things" Im not 100% sure what happened there.. but he says that nothing bad happened.. she gets horrible migranes (migraines), when she gets those he gets kind of scared, but she loves him to death.. I dont think that she would ever hurt him..