Parenting Teens (12-17) Community
Age of first kiss?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting teens (age 12-17), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, choosing a college, and relationships.

Age of first kiss?

My son is in 6th grade and soon to be 12.  One of his friends is kissing his girlfriend in the halls....is this the age this behavior starts nowadays?  This other boy is 11, seems very young to me but maybe I'm out of the loop.  we have talked to my son about such behaviors and feel he is educated but I still am in shock that 11 year olds are kissing???
yes this is the age that they start getting there sexual hormones
and of corse he is most likley going to fallow things that his friends do

mabee once a month you should talk to him about his relashinships
BUTif he dosnt wan to tell u about his problems then dont force it out
Well, it's true that this is about the age they hit puberty and start to think about girls, kissing, masterbation (masturbation) and yes, sex. But that doesn't mean that it things should be encouraged that they're not ready for or have the maturity to handle.
Yes, it's a good idea to talk to him on a regular basis. Talk to him about the changes his body may be going through and that it's getting ready for him to become a man but that he's too young to be kissing girls just yet. Besides, most schools have a zero policy on PDA (Public Display of Affection) and don't allow kissing, hugging, etc. on school grounds.
It's best to keep him busy with school and sports at this age. Kids already try to grow up too fast in this day and age.
Best wishes.
I keep my soon to be 14 yr old boy into different activities and a close eye on where he goes and who he will be with. Always talk to the parents to see what their rules are before letting him go over there. Especially if they have daughters!! I wouldn't let my son go over to one of his friends because they had an older daughter even though they were strict. He was allowed to go over during the day with parents their but not spend the night. Your doing the right thing by talking to him, keep on doing it because he might not comment but he is listening.
I had my first kiss in 7th or 8th grade... so yeah maybe a little young.
i was 14.. and it was messy gross and BLAHHHH. lollollollol it put me off it for a lonnng time. LOLLOL. what a rotten memory. LOL
I really dont think there is some sort of age restriction for kissing. I had mine at 12 and my friend had his a year younger, yea he had his at 11 and he didn't turn into some rapist. even though kissing at that age still sounds a bit strange. My opinion is that people should loosen up, its just lips touching lips. And what about disney princess books? almost everyone of them has a prince kissing the princess and parents let kids read them and those kids are fine. You should trust your son, if he is going to grow up and become a man he should be capable of making good decisions and not go have sex.  Anyways kids around his age usually find anything related to sex, hormone and puberty really disgusting and repulsive. So unless your son is not someone who you would think is mature and responsible enough to handle these kind of things you should just relax.
ok im looking through these pages to start saying something about my class 4th grade... lots of people are saying inapropriate words and refuring to the curtan boys parts and using real words it is weird  i say that alot of kids start hand holding or kissing at about age 10 and they even might have boyfriends but im not sure i think they including me only have crushes PS the boys are even trying to find out the info on who we have the hots for by going though our stuff its obviose though the things are miss placed in or out of our desks
well it may seem kinda weird (ok really weird) but i had my first kiss in the 4th grade and it wasnt the first. although i was exposed to this i never even thought of taking it further. i never even dreamed of it. i have trned out just fine and talk to my kids every once in awhile and nothing like this has ever occured...