Parenting Teens (12-17) Community
Catch Your Kid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting teens (age 12-17), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, choosing a college, and relationships.

Catch Your Kid

I just found out my daughter is smoking pot.  She is 14 an apparently has been doing it for quite some time.  I feel like I should have known it was going on, but I didn't.  I used this guide http://www.treatment4addiction.com/catch-your-kid/ to help me figure out what she was doing, but what next?
Have u talked to her about it?With teenagers u need to do ur best not to assume she is lying and be patient,open and don't rush n with judgement.I know this is easier said than done because its ur kid and we want to protect them but u need to make sure she feels comfortable with taking to u now and in the future.
Yes I did and got her to admit to it. I also gave her a drug test and it came up positive. So I took her phone, Internet and freedom with friends until she can test clean. It's just so hard. I am a recovering addict and I am at a loss. I am great at BEING the addict, but when it comes to my own daughter it's a totally different story. I now am seeing what I put my mom through and it's crazy.