Parenting Teens (12-17) Community
Don't want to be my younger sisters mom.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting teens (age 12-17), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, choosing a college, and relationships.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Don't want to be my younger sisters mom.

I was raised by a single mother.  She was never around always working. At 8 she left for the states (we lived in Mexico). She got married and me and my brother moved to the states when I was 10.  Moving to a total new place not speaking the language was really hard.  I had many problems all throughout school,  kids were mean to me.  I had a horrible childhood.  I am a parent myself now at17 had my first child.  I have 3 kids now.  My mom was not a good mother and that is how it is i have a step sister she is now 12, and she seems like she has a speech problem, she can never talk right, always repeats herself and she always forgets what her point was.  Kids are being mean to her she is crying and I don't know what to do.  my childhood really acared me for life.  I don't want the same thing to happend to her but everytime I talk to my mom about my sisters issues, she just doesn't seem to understand.  I want to get my sister help before its too late, she is so fragile.  I am scared for her.  I know what is like to have such painful things happend to you.  My mom was never a good mom. Not involved with any of my stuff or even her.  What do I do.
My sister is the kind of person that can be hurt so easy.  I don't want to do my moms job how do I make her see, how damaging life can be with out a mom that is there for you?