I am going to make an extremely long story very short in hopes of some advice.
1. Ages 13-17 daughter lying and sneaking and boy crazy.
2. 17 yr old daughter caught sneaking out (with one of said boys) and being truent numerous times jr yr of highschool (cops involved to say the least).
3. Sent to grandparents for summer. Grandparents informed of all the problems and we asked them to keep her busy and do things that will encourage her to focus on herself and no boys.
4. Said grandparents encouraged a boyfriend from their town because they approved of him.
5. We parents disapproved and made that clear. Grandparents said we are crazy and set up surprise meeting with him that did not go well. Caused a huge argument with me and my parents. Still no apologies from anyone. Just acting like everything is fine.
6. When she goes to visit grandparents once a month now that school is back in session and she is now 18 and a senior in HS, arrangements are made to see said boy. (recognizing we cant blame our daughter fully for what transpired over the summer, we allow one phone call per week-maybe a mistake??)
7. Before summer was over, there was talk about the said boy being invited to Thanksgiving with family after only even knowing him for a month to begin with (grandparents, aunt, uncle) approval, not ours!!! But, it is not our house.
We are still not happy with the whole situation and feel we should not be forced into having to spend a holiday in a situation we did not approve of to begin with.
What would you do??? Ugh. My husband and I just want to avoid the holidays all together.
Honestly I'm gonna tell you right now I'm 17 almost 18 years old and being a crazy parent is only going to make it worse and is going to make her more and more sneaky instead of trying to control her every move why don't you talk to her about birth control options and why it's important to use them I mean she is going to be 18 she could just move out with her crazy boyfriend why not try and make a situation you can't change at least a little better. Crazy parent is only going to make it worse and is going to make her more and more sneaky instead of trying to control her every remove why don't you talk to her about birth control options and why it's important to use them I mean she is going to be 18 she could just move out with her crazy boyfriend why not try and make a situation you can't change at least a little better
If you do not approve of said boyfriend that your parents have promoted, you could have your own alternative holiday get-together someplace else. Of course, a permanent rift may develop with your extended family if you start going your separate ways for various holidays, depending if they see your point-of-view or not. You are still her parents providing food, clothing, and shelter. Your daughter could move out, but then she would have to provide her own means of support if the money dries up from you.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.