Parenting Teens (12-17) Community
Inappropriate behavior 14 year old girl

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting teens (age 12-17), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, choosing a college, and relationships.

Inappropriate behavior 14 year old girl

Has anyone experienced their child engaging in activities that you just don't know how to handle it?  

14 year girl has admitted to therapist that she is engaging in giving oral sex to boys.  I have read about it and heard about it being the new thing - and no one thinks it is sex.  

It was very hard to write this, but I need all the feedback I can about this issue.  

Thank you.
well if you will like to handle it this way..may this will work..show her a video of how blisters show up on the lip..and tell her if she has been doing that without a condom she can catch something in her mouth and it dont look pretty..that worked for my friend in the same situation...and her daughter stopped after what she saw..so I hope the same will work for her...
I'd also work hard on her finding and developing activities that make her life more interesting and meaningful, and increase her self-esteem.  Not things centered around her (like lessons or trips or treats) but things with an altruistic bent that she enjoys (volunteering at the Humane Society, Habitat for Humanity, etc. or whatever rings her bell).  She needs a stronger sense of self if she is to resist horndog guys conning her into doing this kind of stuff.  Teenage girls will do just about anything if they think it will get them approval from cool guys, and the guys are happy to oblige with demands and implications.  She needs to feel so great about herself and so important that she is not willing to degrade herself in this way.  
annie has just spelt it out ,, shes looking for attention of love and affection ,, im not saying your not giving it to her ,, but that whats shes doing ,, and also she ,s reaching that age of puberty ,, and could be expressing her feelings all in the wrong ,, way especials as you mentioned boys ,, but this is harder to stop when you,ve started ,, like any subtance ,, ,, grainne those seam hard but also right and verry effective especially as she,s started ,, has thier been any other chage of life style , or has any one disscussed sexual education with her ,, is talk can be done ay where thats comfortably to you both also