Parenting Teens (12-17) Community
My 11year old hates herself
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting teens (age 12-17), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, choosing a college, and relationships.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My 11year old hates herself

Hi, My daughter is 11years old. Blond hair blue eyes tall skinny and tan. She is an out standing student. Stright A's. She has a huge heart and will do any thing to help any one. Shes has a gift for art. The only issue is a large one. She hates herself. She thinks she fat and ugly. (she is a size 3 and 5'5) tiny. In the past she has cut herself. Also has expessed many times only to me she wanted to die. Her and I have bond were she will tell me thing but not her birth parents. (I'm step mom) . I have address these issues and have gotten her into councling. Her birth mother stopped it when my daughter stop cutting. She still has huge self esteem issues. She is lossing her friends because they dont like her low self esteem. Shes starting to wear baggy clothes so no one can see her "fat". She thinks she ***** at every thing and get very angery if you tell her diffrent. I'm lost, I love my baby girl so much but I dont know how to help her any more. Nothing I do works. I had her write her feeling ina book. I tried to teach her to express herself though drawing. sports and more.  Now the only thing she draws is saddness and death. I even tried not paying a lot of attion to the issue. Its still there. Please help.