Parenting Teens (12-17) Community
Parenting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting teens (age 12-17), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, choosing a college, and relationships.

Parenting

i recently caught my 13 year old son with pictures on his phone performing oral sex on himself, I know that his hormones are raging but I also know this is not normal, he is always talking about girls in school, however i am worried that this is something terrible and I need help to figure out what to do and how to help him
You should sit him down and ask him why they are there. But do this at a time where you are feeling comfortable talking about it. He may not want to talk about it.
You know talking to him will be harder then trying to explain sex to a 5 year old...
Well, first you have to try and figure out how your gonna talk about this..Then you yourself will have to observe what sexual act he actually watches... is there porn n e where near him? Question him about his friends... and when the heck he has time to do this..

Simply watch him closely!!
Omg thank you so much for your comments..i am a single parent and i have to be mom an dad to him...i did have a talk with him and i assured him that i love him very much and that will never change.he was skeptical about talking to me but finally said that he was just curious...there is no porn in my house and no access to porn sites on the internet he doesnt go over friends houses..i think he might have heard in school from other boys that it feels good or something. When isaw the pics i freaked out and was ready to call the cops because i thought someone made him do that to them and took pictures of it...he confessed it was himself and after i looked closely i realized it was taken in my bathroom because i could see my lights and stuff on the counter..i am scarred fir life and i dont want to feel uncomfortable towards him but i do...i guess i just have to accept the fact that he isnt a baby anymore and he is growing up...i remember i did some exploring myself but never to that extent..thank you guys for the feedback..God bless!!
He is unbelievably limber.