Personal time
I have 3 teenagers and work allot so finding a time alone for “personal time” has been a real issure for me. There is always a teen home or I work late so I am very tired at night to have any time to myself. It is always “go time”. If I take a day off for work it is always for my kids, as it should be. I try and take care of my own health issues but that can be a task in itself. I have the house duties, cooking and cleaning. Any idea’s of to fit in some “personal time” with everything going on?.
ask them if its OK to take some time for yourself, give them chores, if they don't have them, teach them to cook, maybe an after school activity, send them to the movies, they are old enough to understand you are tired and sometimes need a break, good luck <3
Thanks so much for the responce. I will try what you said and see how it plays out. Anything is worth a try.
Communicate with them what you have said here that you need some psace , however its good for the children to be with you many Dads do not see enough of their children , so when you need a free' evening tell them so and go do something .Perhaps MOm can help out on those days ..good Luck dads get tired aswell .
Thanks for the advise. I am going to try and get all the kids together some time soon and have a chat. :)
Thats the ticket tell them how you feel ,get their input and co operation .good luck