Parenting Teens (12-17) Community
Teen pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting teens (age 12-17), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, choosing a college, and relationships.

Teen pregnancy

Is there anyone else going through their daughter being pregnant at 16?  Or already went through it? I feel it is draining everything out of me.  She is my youngest out of 3 and I just feel like it's my baby having a baby.  She really has no idea how stressful it is for me.  She swears she is ready for this.  I know she isn't.  
My mother had me when she was 16, and my grandmother explained to me (I just asked her over the phone to try and answer your question) that she was stressed out as well all the time.  Granted, that was a while back (I'm 20 and in college), but she says that once my mother had me, the stress gradually went away over time.

I've had several friends also who chose to have children and get married once they graduated high school, who knew that they were "ready".  The most important thing I think is to support your daughter, because she's probably scared out of her mind right now, and putting up a brave front.  

It's going to be hard until she has her baby, but just remember to breathe deeply.  It's always darkest just before the dawn.  

Maybe I'm not qualified to answer this, but it reminded me of all the stories I was told while growing up about me being born to such a young  mother, and I had to give my input.  

I hope everything works out for you two!  
well im 15 and i was expectin but i lost it im the youngest my older brother is 32 and my mom was happy for me but she said she would be with me the whole time and then she started getting used to it all about me being pregnant it didnt bother her as much it took some time to get used to but she did it and it took 6 months for her to get used to me being pregnant...so try not to worry all that much if she thinks she is ready then test her tell her if she has it she will have to put it up for adoption or she has to have an abortion but i told my mom i was ready and i know i was im really mature for my age and the father was 17 and he had a job and i know we could have had the money to support it so who ever got her pregnant better have a good job if not then your daughter has it hard but i wish you the best of luck

much love XxpandaxX43
Thank you for your comments.  She has changed alot since this pregnancy (she is now 5 month pregnan).  We use to argue alot and now we are going to visits and u/s together.  She still has another year of school next year and just not sure how we are going to juggle everything.  I was hoping another grandmom had some experience with this.....Thank you:)
well im 15 and like i said my mom was worried when i told her but she said she would have been with me and i know your stressing about it but when the baby is born you will love that baby because its your first grandchild (GREAT BIG BUNDLE OF JOY!:)  )best of luck to you message me if you need any thing or if your daughter needs anything im here if you need me
Hiya I was just 16 when i had my first, got another 2 now also and im now 37. My mum wasnt a good support to me, although she let me stay at home, and eventually came round to the idea of me being a mum and her a gran. Life wasnt easy, i went to school but didnt do well but got jobs in the town working in shops and hotels while mum watched my baby. Four years ago i went back to college (an older student) and got a decent qualification and now been doing a job i love for the last two years. The job is something i can have a good career with. My eldest is now 21 and a great daughter with a good job. She is responsible and a good role model for the younger two. So i must have done something right lol

Although its not gonna be easy for you all, ur daughter will get there. There are worse things that can happen that a wee baby.

Good luck
I am not 32 but I was 16 yo when I had my wonderful son who is now 15yo. I changed a great deal after he was born and really credit him for the responsibleness I developed. I graduated on time, went to college; both undergraduate and graduate and now work as a counselor for troubled teens and their families. He was my blessing even though at the time it was scary. My mom and dad were so supportive and never looked down on me once I told them. That was important, their support made me a good mother. I have been married for almost 12 years and along with my son also have a wonderful 15 you stepson and amazing husband. Hold tight, you never know what a wonderful blessing this will turn out to be even though now it feels overwhelming.
i went thro the same thing either way that baby is comeing and you cant stop it so why not try to grow her up a bit my mom did it to me and i thank god for it make her get a job to pay for stuff for the baby tell her 6 months after the baby is born that she will have to move out even if your not going to let some of the prusser get to her let her feel some of what your feeling have her start makeing dinner for your family