Parenting Teens (12-17) Community
dad-teen, too close?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting teens (age 12-17), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, choosing a college, and relationships.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

dad-teen, too close?

My husband has two biological kids from his first marriage and they come down to see us. Well his ex wife has a 13 year old from another man who came down with them. My husband is now spooning her on the couch and all cuddly and letting him sit on her lap like I do. Also making comments about how she is gonna drive men crazy because of how gorgeous she is. She has reached puberty and is  very mature. He even told me to treat her like an adult because she isnt a kid anymore. When I told him that I thought it was inappropriate for that because she was too old he said that I needed to stop being a jealous *****. Am I wrong in this?  
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1960158_tn?1325364481
OH HELL NO!!!!! HE IS TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE & WRONG!!! HE IS SICK & THIS SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED!!!! I am so sorry that you're going through this. I would so talk to the 13yr old's mother. If your husband is NOT seeing reason. He's going to scar her for life if he doesn't stop that ****!!!! I hope your New Year gets better. (((HUGS)))
Blank
13167_tn?1327197724
Have you noticed him behaving very immaturely in other areas?

I don't know about she's "gonna" drive men crazy,  she's already is  driving him crazy!  

If you don't have any children together,  this might be time to rethink your marriage.

Best wishes.  Don't for a moment doubt your instincts.
Blank
Thank you for your responses. I was beginning to doubt my instincts. I do have a son with him. We have since talked about it and she is back home. He says she is like a daughter to him cause he raised her for four years and that he is just trying to be a dad to her.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Teens (12-17) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...