lack of motivation
My 16 yr. old daughter lacks any motivation in general but school is the big issue now.  She is bright and when she wants to gets A's.  But then we'll have a bunch of F's due to work not turned in or late.  She has depression and prozac has help so much already but not in this area.  She wants a snake, for motivation sake we said if she got C's or better this next quater she could buy one.  I don't like this but don't know what else to do.  She is in counseling with a woman who uses DBT, so far I haven't seen any change.  AT this point I feel she should be taking responsibilty for herself, however she is imiture and has the depression issue and leans on me heavily.  I still have to wake her up because she won't use the alarm clock!  Any ideas would be welcome to a frustrated parent.
If she weren't depressed, I'd say not to wake her up and let her miss school until she figures it out for herself.  As it is though, be grateful that you can get her to get up, my boyfriend never could even with repeated reminders from both me and his parents.  SSRIs are often not very effective for people under 25, so if it's not helping with everything (motivation issues, for example), you may want to see about adding adderall, which is a valid option for treatment resistant depression, and is really helpful in terms of motivation and concentration.  I was on the stuff for years and it worked wonders in terms of my academic performance and general ability to get up and live my life, even without being on a traditional antidepressant.  The DBT sounds like a great idea, but if she is bright, like you say, then she may already be very self aware, but that may not be at all helpful to her because the depression still hurts; this is what is meant by "too smart for therapy"...well, that and the ability to avoid making changes by convincing therapists that ones maladaptive behavior patterns are adaptive.  If you don't think that's th issue, then just give it time, because it does seem like it should work, although a more traditional cognitive behavioral approach may be a better fit.  
It seems like you're already handling this really well, so I'm confident that you'll find a workable solution.