Parenting Teens (12-17) Community
my son is 12

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting teens (age 12-17), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, choosing a college, and relationships.

my son is 12

My older son is 12, but since last year our relationship has become very difficult?

He is always acting up with me
He always has negative attitude
Every single thing I asked him to do, is a big deal for him , alwways grumbling and challenging

I got desperate an so frustrated, and I yell at himI have been trying to avoid it ,  but it is so difficult

besides his little brother who is 9 year old, starts acting like his brother !!!!!!!!

How Can We I have  a better relattionship ?

There are a lot of good books out there on raising teens.  You also have to take into account that teenagers will act up and mouth off.  It's their hormones and the natural fact of coming into the stage of life that culminates with them separating from the nuclear family.  But the books might give you a better way to deal with some of the most exasperating aspects of dealing with a teen.
thanks,Hey Do you have the name of one book?

I know , that teens are like that , but what i do not understand is that he do it only with me, with his father is totaly different, you know!!!

have a great day
he needs a mentor ok :)
I have a 12 and 18 year old boys.  The 18 year old thinks he knows everything LOL and the 12 year old thinks he does too!LOL  I have always raised them to say how they feel and speak up.  I pick my battles-there are few I choose to fight.  The grumbling and the whatevers I don't.  I remember what it was like to be that age.  Fighting doesn't help anything over silly things.  I just tell them what I want and walk off.  They can grumble all they want but what I asked still needs to be done before they go off to have fun.  We keep them close and try to plan fun movie nights and etc... friends are welcome and I want them in their room for limited times.  How do others view your children?  I know I am ok when teachers and others say what good kids I have.  They just feel comfortable to speak to me and most of the time it has nothing to do with me or my husband.  They really have a lot of stressors and I think they just use us for the blunt.  Choose your battles.  They are kinda funny when you think about it.  And sometimes I just laugh and give them a big hug when they are ranting.  I simply say I love you and I am not going to argue.  I walk off.  They challenge me all the time.  I win by showing them which battles to stand firm and which ones not-they just don't know it yet.  The 18 year old is getting a little smarter!lol  but we are smarter still LOL...