Parenting Teens (12-17) Community
period problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting teens (age 12-17), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, choosing a college, and relationships.

period problem

I am 14 and I have a school trip in the summer to south of France. Its pgl watersports. I am due on my period then but I can't insert a tampon without it hurting. Is there any other way I can go swimming in the sea/river without using a tampon, cup or pad?
You should talk to another woman about how to properly insert a tampon... That could be why it hurts.
You could always go to your doctors and ask if you can be put on the Birth control pill continuously so that you don't get it while you are away.

14 is young so I am not sure if that would be okay'ed by your doctor.
they make smaller tampons that "U" by kotex are really small and they dont hurt to insert you could also put vasoline on it, but meg is right it shouldnt hurt