Parenting Teens (12-17) Community
son fantasizing about mother

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting teens (age 12-17), including physical, emotional, and cognitive development, handling peer pressure, activities & sports, choosing a college, and relationships.

son fantasizing about mother

My 13 yr old son has a stash of 5 of my feminine scented lotions and a pair of my panties and a piece of lingerie. obviously for masturbation. I understand that masturbation is normal but with their mothers things? I am very disturbed by this, my husband wants to take him staight to the psychiatrist.
Why not consult a children's therapist (or a family therapist) to find out how normal it is?  Maybe at 13 he is just grabbing what he can get; he is certainly not going to feel comfortable or have the money to go to the department store or Victoria's Secret to buy silky panties.  The question is whether the fact that they are yours should stop him.  If he sees you in your underwear a lot, I'd be a little more concerned about the fact that he is using your things, since it seems like he should associate you with the garments, and could therefore be somewhat turned off about masturbating with them because you are  his mom.  But I just don't know, kids at 13 are full of hormones, and they might not care where the panties come from.  Doubtless a therapist can give you an idea of whether this is normal.  If the therapist is concerned that this is specific about you, then ask for advice about whether the child should be seen.  Good luck!
Thnaks for the advice. I truly appreciate it. I do not walk around in my undies in front of my children. Thanks!
If he's never seen you in them (and please don't take that as a sexual comment, a lot of kids see their parents in their underwear occasionally) it's more likely to be just anonymous ladies' underwear, to him.  
Hi nichole i wouldnt worry about it i used to do same thing with my mothers underwear its part of growing up teenage boy curious about womens things they werent my mothers to me they were just a womans to masturbate with