Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
10 month old with pubic hair?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

10 month old with pubic hair?

This may seem like a strange question, but it's really bothering me. I changed my 10 month old daugher's diaper in the car while we were out yesterday, and I noticed she has black peach fuzz hair in her pubic area? Is this normal? It really freaked me out! It has probably always been there, but I just noticed it in the sunlight. Please help!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
No this is definitely NOT normal. I started getting pubic hair at age 6 which is still NOT normal. In my case it was a hormonal imbalance. I was born with something called congenital adrenal hyperplasia and my adrenal glands need to be taken out. You need to get her to a doctor and ASAP. very bad drastic things can happen to a baby with this condition who is not treated.
Blank
403153_tn?1297258095
I agree with Darkestlight. I thought about congenital adrenal hyperplasia also. The early diagnosis is very important.
Blank
First take her to you pediatrician sometimes babys do have dark peach fuzz and depending on your ethnic back ground it could be normal. If your not comfortable with your dr decision you might want to go to an endocrine dr and be tested for cah or congential adrenal hyperplasia there are different types and some go unnoticed till you see pubic hair look under the arms also see if hair is there. Kids with cah will go through puberty at very early ages all kids are different and I have never heard of the adrenals having to come out unless there is a tumor most of them are treated with steriods to control the growth some girls will be born with ambiguous clitoris or look just like a boy some are salt wasting some are very mild and they are not diagnosed till they get ill dont panic but do get to a doctor and get advise .My son has cah saltwasting is now 18 and you would not even know he has this condition good luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank