Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
104.5 fever 3 nights in a row

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

104.5 fever 3 nights in a row

my son has had between 102.5 to 104.5 degree fever 3 nights in a row only at night though on the first night i noticed he had a fever i started giving him childrens tylenol then 2 hours later ibuprofen and was making sure he was well hydrated........on the second night i noticed he wasnt getting any better he was getting worse wining alot and breathing heavily so me and my wife rushed him to the ER at 2 A.M....... at the ER they asked if hes been throwing up or having diarrhea i said he had one moist diaper and no throwing up at all they said o its a common virus going around just keep him hydrated and give him tylenol and ibuprofen which i have been alrady doing...................on the thirsd night (tonight) he has not gotton better and i just took his temp and it was 104.3 what do it do
Kids are scary and very tough.... I wold be worried too.  Monitor him and if breathing not right take him back to the hospital...your instincts about your child are usually right and if you feel like something is wrong it probably is....I recently took my 18month old to the hospital for fever and severe coughing fits and they sent us home and told me to give her honey for her cough....My instinct told me my child was NOT okay!!! I rushed her to her doctor in morning and was furious to learn she had SEVER infenction in BOTH her ears! The hospital completely overlooked her! If I were you I'd see if theres and emergency number to your childs doctor.  Good luck I hope your child gets well soon.
Like the previous poster, I suggest you trust your instinct.  I'm sure you have figured out what the problem is by now, but I had to write and say the same thing happened to my 2-year-old daughter.  We went to the ER on a Tuesday and they told us she had a virus and 2 days later she was still not progressing, hadn't eaten in days, and had a fever over 105 for 5 days.  I took her back to the ER on that Thursday and demanded they figure out what's wrong with her.  I told them I would take her to the children's hospital if they couldn't solve the mystery.  Took chest x-ray and she had full blown pneumonia, widespread throughout both lungs.  

Bottom line - you know your child better then anyone.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise!  Hope he's feeling better!!
I was going to suggest having his ear checked.My sone recently ran high fever. We thought he was just "sick" with something. Took him to his ped. and he had two bad ear infections. For some reason they cause a high fever. Maybe get his ear checked out by a doc?

Hope he gets well soon. :(  i know what having a sick baby feels like. it's hard.