Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
10month old still wont sleep thru the night

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

My son will be 10 months on the 11the of November and he still wakes three times a night to feed. We have tried the crying method we give him 8ozbottles but he will only eat that much at night. He has been in a routine for over 6 months. we have him in bed at 9pm the latest.. he has been sleeping in his crib sense 3 months... he has been growing slot and teething we give him teething tablets when he is teething...  we don't know what else to do and we need sleep we both work at least 40hrs a week and I go to school pt. Two days a week. please help someone or at least give se good motherly tips would be amazing we are looking to try justabout everything At this point...
Thank you
Danyelle and Frank
Oh boy.  I know how you feel, mine wasn't a good sleeper either.  I did find though that once I was able to get rid of the nighttime feedings, it really made a difference.

At 10 months they don't need to eat at night, it's a habit and he is looking for that bottle to help him go back to sleep.  My weaning method took a bit longer (I just couldn't bring myself to do cold turkey), but it did work.

I started with the first bottle and began decreasing it an ounce or two at a time.  It took about a week or so, but he stopped waking up for it.  I then repeated this process with the second, same thing.  Eliminating 1 bottle at a time worked really well, and he started sleeping better once that was gone.

Don't feel badly about it, they don't need it anymore, and actually, a night bottle is bad for their teeth anyway, so your actually doing him a favor.  Other people I know switched the bottles to water, and said that worked for them.  

Also, once the bottle is gone, don't pick him up when he wakes up in the night.  Don't even turn the lights on.  Just rub his back a bit and talk quietly and soothingly to him.  That has worked for us as well.

Best of luck to you, I know how tough this can be.
We had the same problem with our son at that age. We finally had to cut out night time bottles, even tho it was rough. He was eating plenty during the day and the night time bottles were just a habit that he was in. It was bad for about a week, but after that he slept through the night, and now gets around 10.5 hours straight.
if it makes you feel any better, my daughter still doesn't sleep through the night some nightsw, and only started sleeping through some nights since a month back and she's 17 months. They're all different and will do so when ready. there's no set rules :) a strong routine helps. there's something called the no cry sleep soloution, you might want to ask your library for the book :) good luck
And though it ***** *i'm also 38 weeks pregnant so it's been exhausting*  they wont be babies forever and it'll soon pass... :)