11 month old struggling to poop
My 11 month old daughter has had troubles pushing ut her poops for almost 3 months now. It is not that she is constipated, the poop is soft and sticky. It seems like she just can't push it out. She will struggle, turn red, break into sweats & cry for sometimes up to an hour only to open her diaper and see a very small amount of poop. Then after changing her she will then start the process all over agin. She is averaging between 8-10 "small, soft poop" diapers a day and her little bum is raw & red. She refuses juices of all kinds & will only take her formula. I have given her mineral oil, suppositories, benefiber...you name it and nothing works. Our pedi prescribed miralax which will work minimally and causes her gas pain & discomfort. In addition, he cannot seem to answer me WHY this is occuring. I am very worried for my daughter and have been searching endlessly for some answers. Can you give me some ideas as to what may be causing this and if not what type of specialist may be needed to see what is going on with her?
try lots more water- the specialist referral if any should come from the pediatrician so they can both monitor the progress. Lots of times the hard stool is on the other side of the soft stool
We used to give my son Fletcher's castoria (in with milk I guess- it's been so long)LOL- he turns 30 tomorrow...... but the increased water worked better.