Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
15 month old son dont like baths......

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

15 month old son dont like baths......

OK I have a 15 month old son and he hates baths and showers he freaks out when the water starts running and if you run the water then put him in he freaks out and screams right when the water touches his feet its not even hot and its not cold but for se reason he hates baths no matter how many toys are in the tube he cries the whole time...... what do I do??
At 15 months, and in fact even younger, sponge baths are enough for most times and occasions.  Then gently ease him into bathing only about once every couple of weeks, by taking him into the tub with you.
I remember my daughter doing this for a period of time, it drove me mental. Nothing I did could convince her to go in the bathtub. You know that I can't even remember what I did to get her in there? Her legs and body would be flapping around everywhere and would refuse.

Does she have a brother or sister she can go in with? I am thinking 15 months would still be okay if you went in with him as well. I found my daughter would have no issues being in a bath with her two friends playing but it was hard alone.

My daughter just turned 10 and it wasnt until last November that she stopped giving me a hassle and stress about going in the shower or bath.. My God I didn't think it would ever happen!!! LOL..

I feel for you.
My son did this for a short period of time.  In our case, he got scared of the bubbles from the bubble bath I added, and it was several months before he wasn't terrified of all water.  He was a bit younger, but close in age to your child.

I didn't push it. I sponge bathed him for a few weeks, and did it next to the bathtub.  I then sponge bathed him IN the bathtub, but again, no actual water in the tub, nor did I run the water.  I slowly added a bit of water to the tub.  I let him stand while holding him with one hand.  I only had a very tiny bit of water, he stood and I used a wash clothe.  

We just went from there...addding a bit more water at a time, and over a period of weeks.  And as he felt comfortable.  I let him have toys in the tub too, and that helped.

I suspect something has frightened your child.  It could be anything.. IN my son's case it was the bubbles, but it could be face under water, or even the drain.  Go slow and work withing their comfort level.  Don't try to force it or you'll make it worse.

Best of luck to you.