Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
16 month old with white stool
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

16 month old with white stool

my 16 month old daughter has been having white stools for 2-3 weeks. Her pediatrician is working on trying to find the cause (so far all lab tests have come back normal and we are waiting on the final ultrasound test results but were given the implication by the sonographer that there was nothing of concern seen) but the past few diapers have began to have more color to them. Is it common for problems like this to flair up and go away or is this an indicator that there isn't actually a problem?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
Is there any chance she been eating something that is chalky (i.e., chalk)?  You could google "putty-colored stools" for some possibilities, and cross-check with the things the doctor has investigated.  I wish you the best.
Blank
She has never been one to eat things she shouldn't and for meals she eats the same thing as we do and no one else in the home is having this problem.It has been going on for close to 3 weeks so I don't think it is something she is eating. All test have come back normal and from what I have read I don't know what else there is they could check. We should hear from her doctor tomorrow with a plan for where we go from here. Fingers crossed that it is just some fluke thing that will go away.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...