Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
2 1/2 yr old obsessed with his penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

2 1/2 yr old obsessed with his penis

My 2 1/2 yr old little boy is constantly touching and grabbing himself. Sometimes to the point that he will get arroused. He also likes to see and touch my breasts. He breastfed until he was 19 mos so maybe he's just really attatched. Is this normal?
Tags: penis
My 4 year old is the same, he always says hes scratching, i have to make sure he always has trousers on at home to try and discourage it. I think to be honest its a boy thing, i mean i dont think they ever grow out of it! Dont worry,
LOL! My son did the same thing (he's now 3 1/2). Then he started asking what it is for. I just told him that is where the pee comes out. I never made a big deal out of his fascination with "Mr. Grubby"  and he out grew it. As for getting himself "aroused"..that's normal when he's touching and grabbing at it. It isn't sexual at this age just normal exploration. "Hey what is this? What does it do? " And my hubby says the particular anatomy "feels" different than others. So he's just curious. As for the breast fascination....I just told him (after he asked) that Mommy's have breasts & boy's don't. That's what makes us "Mommy's". Personally, I think breast feeding might make them more "attached" because my son asked to snuggle my boobies (basically for me to hold him in my lap and he uses my breast as a pillow) and when I asked him why, he replied "it makes me feel safe".
Oh I forgot to add.......that it is only MY breasts he does this with. It's not a general breast fascination. lol