Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
2 1/2 yr old son peeing on his bedroom floor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

i  have a 2 1/2 yr old who has been potty trained since his 2nd birthday, he will be three on 5-12 and for the past week and a half he has been finding the urge to urinate on his floor... ihave tried all forms of dicipline to make him understand that what he does is unacceptable but nothing works... i have had it with this behavior because now the carpet has the permanent smell of urine and its killing the whole house.. if anyone has any suggestions as to how i can get him to stop peeing on the carpet i would greatly appreciate it.... by the way.. he knows what he is doing is wrong becuase when i catch him hesays oh no potty and runs to the potty after the fact, so he's not stupid, i just cant understand why he is doing it.. i will gladly accept any solutions or suggestions
Sounds to me like he's looking for attention. I have a 2 1/2 yr old, huh, last week it was Desitin all over her body & carpet. My suggestion would be to PRAISE and REWARD him everytime he uses the potty in the toilet.  Maybe the positive attention will out weigh the negative and he won't pee on his floor anymore. My dd has done her fair share of peeing on her floor. The next few times he does this, maybe ignore him, clean the mess and go on. I know that sounds terrible difficult but maybe no attention=won't pee on the floor. Let me know how it goes!! good luck!!