Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
20 mos old blue lips and fingernails after meals
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

20 mos old blue lips and fingernails after meals

Has anyone received a response to this problem?  Should I assume that since so many of our kids are experiencing this problem that it is common and nothing to fret over?  My boy acts perfectly normal while he is bluish and I don't hear any wheezing or gurgling in his chest.  It goes away in about 15-30 minutes and by the time we get to the dr's he is fine.  Anyone with any information please respond.

Thanks
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
750172_tn?1256150676
I don't really have an answer to this problem  however, like you said it seems to be a common one.  My gut says it has something to do with circulatory issues.  Have you taken him to the doctor?  If they've ruled out everything, I wouldn' t worry too much on it.  However, the doctor should be able to give you somewhat of an idea why this is happening, if not...find a new doctor.
Blank
Thanks.  There have been no tests conducted.  Save for the usual stethoscope and temperature.  I don't know whether I should just call the dr and ask her to run tests on his heart and blood?  I keep thinking maybe he will grow out of it.  Plus he acts completely normal I know they say some kids can have high fevers and as long as they are acting normal they don't worry too much.

Blank
121828_tn?1333468091
You don't feed him home made carrots do you?
Blank
No actually he is not a very good vegetable eater at all. We are scheduled for an echocardiagraph and a blood test in Mid May.  It seems to happen in the mornings mostly after breakfast. But it has happened after dinner but it's always after a meal not just a small snack.
Blank
121828_tn?1333468091
Hmm, I just remember this happened to my girlfriends little girl and it for some reason was something in the homemade babyfood carrots she was feeding her. Bizarre I know, that's why I asked. I surely hope they find out what is causing this worry for you!
Blank
thanks me too!  The ped assures me that since he's not acting faint or short of breath that it's probably not a heart or lung problem maybe some weird blood thing where he is not getting enough oxygen.  Still not good news but better than a heart thing.  I am trying not to freak myself out on the internet constantly looking up every symptom he's ever had!  The echo should be able to rule out any congenital disorders.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...