Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
21 month old screaming naptime and bedtime

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Our little boy has always been a good sleeper but recently after he has been unwell and been used to us setting him he has been awful with his sleep and nap times.
Nap time used to be 1.5 hours in which he went straight down.  Now it is 30 minutes of screaming with controlled crying method, 20 minutes sleep then waking up hysterical again.  
Bedtime is his same routine of bath, milk, toast, story, kiss godnight, but then he screams for a good hour with controlled crying method, and then wakes in the early hours of the morning crying again, sometimes settling after one controlled crying episode other times not.
ANy suggestions please, as we have been ddoing controlled crying for 2 weeks now, andd we are getting exhausted!
Tags: screaming, naps, bedtime, 21 month old, Crying, waking
Have you found any relief for you child's sleep problem?  If so, please share.  My daughter who has slept 12 hrs. straight from the time she was 5 months til she was 2, is now giving us trouble.  She too, starts her routine of crying or saying Mom or Dad as soon as we start to get to her bedroom door to leave.  She'll start to scream if we try to open it.  It then takes an hour to an hour and half to calm her and get her to sleep.  Hours after she has been asleep, she then wakes to continue this screaming and crying and continues this for an hour or two.  We have tried different things but nothing seems to work!  My husband and I are dangling from our rope.  Anyone have any advice?
Try tiring activity for the toddler before nap time like playing  with a ball or walking in the park.