Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
3 year old - inappropriate sexual behavior

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Please Help Me.  I am feeling so incredibly devastated.  Let me start at the beginning...

A couple weeks ago I got my daughter out of the bath and was getting her pull ups on her for bed time.  I noticed just inside her labia she was a bit red and irritated.  I asked her if it hurt and our conversation got to the point that she said a boy touched her peepee at preschool.  I tried to understand what she was telling me, but she was unable to express herself and the story changed a little each time.  One account included her pants being down.  I talked to the school about the boy in question and no one could believe that he would go anywhere near her.  Anyway the situation was noted and they were watched carefully.  About a week later I am informed that my daughter was overheard asking another 3 year old girl to pull down her pants and show her underwear.  The teacher immediately advised my daughter that this was inappropriate.  The school informed me and I had a conversation with her and set the ground rules again.  No touching privates, no pulling down pants, no kissing at school.  it's ok to hug your friends and hold hands, but no further touching.  I thought things were ok until today when I was informed that another girl told her mom that she and my daughter were in the restroom at the same time and that my daughter touched her peepee with a spoon.  I was told that the little girl was sore and irritated but ok.  I spoke to my daughter and after a few minutes of denial, she said she did do it and its because she doesn't like that girl.  I am devastated.  I can't understand where this behavior would have come from!  I am a single mom.  I do not have a boyfriend.  I do not have any gentlemen callers.  I do not have any visitors at all except for my mom, who watches my daughter when needed.  There is no outside babysitter.  I am concerned that something happened to my daughter that caused her to imitate the behavior or that there is something wrong with my daughter to have done this on her own.  I am now freaking out and thinking I need to get her to child therapist. What do I do?  help
If a little boy did that to her at school first it may be because of that. I would talk to a psychologist.
I agree, if another little boy who was also exposed to behavior like that, and then re-enacted it on your daughter, and then your daughter re-enacted it on other little girls.

Get her to a therapist. It's be the best thing for her at this point.
Us as parents can only do so much, but a professional will know how to handle the situation better and teach her that she cannot do that.