Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
3 year old having problems with BM

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

3 year old having problems with BM

Hello..
I have a 3 year old son, he is about 95% potty trained well I dont know if he really is he goes to the potty when he has to peepee, and he does it on his own i have no problem with that, is his poopoo, that he doesnt like doing it in the potty, he hold it until his body starts to flush it out on its own and he ends up dirtying his underwear and it just a mess, and when i catch him that he has a little i take him to the potty and sit him well no matter how long i leave him on the potty he doesnt do anything so i put a clean underwear and does the same thing again, and still does nothing is like he doesnt want to push it out and i dont get it he gets upset when he poopoos on his underwear, he just does it like once a week, which i know is bad. his pediatrician gave him some miralax, i put it on his juice evryday but still he holds it and I have run out of ideas, i have pretty much try everything out there. maybe some of you out there know something new that can help. I have try regular potty, the make it fun game everytime a timer rings go to the potty no underwear on the house, putting those potty seat on the hallway where he can see it and yet nothing he still holds it and he started his potty training when he was 2.  any ideas please?