Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
3 year old sad at Pre School
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

3 year old sad at Pre School

My Son Braden has been going to a local Pre School since July 08 3 mornings a week, since March 09 he has been going 5 Mornings and his teacher says he has been very sad and tearful in the session. He is a very quite boy and likes to entertain himseld rather than with others although he does have friends and does like to play with others.  I cant understand why he is sad, do you think 5 mornings is to much and should I maybe cut it back to 3 Mornings where he seemed to be happy??
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
112359_tn?1226870683
I assume he is in the same room with the same teacher all 5 days. Are the same kids there on the two new days as are there the other 3? Is he crying all 5 days or just the two new ones? Maybe the kids he feels most comfortable with are not there, or different ones are?

If the teacher and you think his unhappiness is due to adding the days then I'd say go back to 3 days and see if it resolves the problem.
Blank
603946_tn?1333945439
I imagine he still wants his mommy- He was being brave to try 3 mornings seems like.
Actually if it were my son, I would just drop him/unenroll him for this school year since it has turned so negative- and just tell him we'll try again next year and we can be happy again then ok?
At the very least he should go only a few days per week now.... he sounds miserable. Another thought, if this was after Spring Break- we have had a girl in our prek that has not been happy since returning from Spring Break. I think she got so used to mom again, and nothing has changed in the room- we added one more child but he is quiet and calm. I think some 3 year olds just still adore their mommies so much. That is fine. Preschool teachers are happy to try to fill the void for a few hours but we can never replace that "mommy love" no matter how hard we try.

good luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank