3 years old's developmental delays
My son who is 3 years had developmental delays and even now speaks very little and unable to answer to normal questions.  Long hours of sleep.  Poor appetite, weak muscle tone are the symptoms.  His mother is a victim of Depression and suspected to be a victime of Narcissistic Personality  Disorder.  The MRI scan report summary says, "No significant abnormalities found." But in point No.8, it was mentioned "There is asymmetry of lateral ventricles with prominent right lateral ventricles"  Is this a problem or the reason to his present condition?  Can this be cured anyway? if yes, how?
Perhaps you should post this on one of the dr moderated forums or do some sort of google or ask . com search,  I don't know if anyone on here is going to be able to answer this for you. I'm sorry.
If he has any prominant developmental delays check with the dr. and often it may take a few doctors to get a grasp of what's going on.  

Try and contact community living in your area (in canada that's what we call it anyway) they specialize in support for developmentally delayed and disabled people children and adults and the earlier you seek help the better for your son.  
If you are in the US, you can contact your local public school district and request an evaluation.  If you child qualifies he can receive appropriate services i.e. speech/language therapy, physical therapy and occupational therapy.  You may also go to your family physician/pediatrician for a referral for a developmental evaluation by a specialist or team of specialists.  Best wishes...