Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
3 yr old has a fever and vomiting, I have NO medicine what can I give ...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

3 yr old has a fever and vomiting, I have NO medicine what can I give her or do?

I have NO medicine what can  I give her or do?
Call your pediatrician's after-hours line and ask for advice.  Give her water but only by the teaspoonful, a larger amount at a time can cause a gag reflex and keep the vomiting going.
to reduce the fever you can put wet cottonballs under her armpits and wrap her in blankets so she can sweat it out... and for the vomiting saltine crackers or even a piece of plain bread should settle her stomach, also water to hydrate her, do not give her juice as the sugar intake it contains will not help with dehydration but may make it worse and will probably also make her vomit more... hope she feels better... i would def take her to the doc though to get her checked out...
We went through this when my son had a bad virus lasting several weeks.  I kind of have to disagree a bit with the others based on what they told me at our Sick Childrens Hospital, and then my pediatrician backed it up as well.

With vomiting the most important thing is to avoid dehydration, which means not just fluids, but replacing electrolites.  So juice watered down, milk is fine (they used to say no, but told me now they think milk is fine), pedialite.  All in very small amounts.  They said even if all I had was something like ginger ale, to use that watered down (and flat..no bubbles).  She should probably be seen within 24 hours if it doesn't stop.  If she starts bringing up bile (it's a greeny color) then she should be seen sooner.  For a fever, you can also sponge her down with cool water (not cold, just cool).  Lots of fluids is so important.  If she shows any signs of dehydration (inside of her mouth feels tacky instead of wet), take her in right away.  
Pedialyte would have been my first recommendation (by the teaspoonful, again, so it does not bring on a gag reflex) but the o.p. said she had "NO medicine," implying she could not get out to get anything.  It didn't sound like she had Pedialyte in the house, either.  But definitely that would be the liquid of choice if she did have it.
Oh sorry Annie.  I should have clarified.  They told me not to give water which really confused me.  But they said it was the lack of any nutrition or electrolytes in it, so not a good choice.  Weird huh.  They told me diluted juice, milk or even diluted flat pop were better alternatives.  
It probably depends on how long the child has been vomiting, and how much.  If a kid is vomiting that day, and has not been before, a little water will help rehydrate.  If the kid is having a chronic issue, then the pediatricians get worried about electrolyte imbalance.  Same way with adults -- if I have food poisoning and hurl all night, I'm OK in the morning just to drink water (and eat if I can by then).  But if I throw up for a couple of days or more,  time for the Ensure or the electrolyte replenishing drinks.
Your probably correct. When I was given this information he had been vomiting for hours, and was bringing up bile.  I took him into the ER, and he was beginning to show signs of dehydration.  So might have been because it was pretty severe.  That was the start of that rotavirus that lasted so so long.  
my 3 year old has very bad asthma . He has a very bad cold and his asthma attacks are more often when he is sick. And when he gets to playing and running around he has a seriouse cough. When i put him to bed at 9 he was sleeping by 10. And he seemed to be breathing normaly after his breathing treatment. Well he woke up at 1 am throwing up and burning up with a fever. And he has thrown up 4 times from 1 am to 3 45 am. The 4th time he threw up i let him finish then started a cool bath to see if that would break his fever . He also didnt want to take the childerens ibprophin. I tried giving to also help with fever and soar throat.  after bath he wanted to lay down and he started burning up again so i opened my slider door to let in fresh air. He threw up again being to hot finally i got him to take the medicine for  the fever he drank some the yellow kind of gatorad ice cold.  and watch half of toy storie movie after i moved him to living room to elivate him on my recliner so he wont choke if he throws up again. Sorry so long wondering if he throws up again within two hours if the meds dont work what else can i do? Beside what i have already done?  should i take him to the hospital now? or wait a couple hours to see if he stays asleep so he can get some sleep. His temp was 102.5  . Will this temp be high enough to give brain damage? Should i wait or go to hospital now. He been sleeping for 20 min so far?? Im kinda worried and hope im doing everything im supossed to do to get him better and fever down.. Im a single mom thats 23 and he is my only child. Also he love milk and has been asking for it. But was told that milk can actually make him gage more and that will make him throw up. Because milk causes like thick flem (phlegm) in the throat witchs cause them to throw up. Is this true about the milk? Cuz he getting upset that i wont give him nothing but water or ice and gatorade.  need answer as u can see i have a lot of questions    thank you