Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
3 yr old issues with daycare

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

3 yr old issues with daycare

my son is at his 3 home provider this year.  The first dropped us because she got pregnant...she took care of her own 2 kids who were of school age and occasionally her sisters baby.  Then we put him in a homecare that was run like a mini daycare with about 8 kids.  He was not the oldest, but not the youngest.  We took him out for about 3 months while I had my 2nd son.  When we came back he was the oldest.  There he began to spit (although he's only tried once or twice at home) when he got in trouble.  He also agrues when he gets into trouble.  Sometimes he'll swat at you (again, this one he doesn't do it to us at home much, if at all).  

Well, that place disbanded due to the economy about a month ago and we found a woman who would watch the kids.  She's got a 2 month old and a 2 year old.  There is a 2 year old girl she watches...plus my 2 for a total of 5.  The first 2 weeks were great.  He never has any issues with sleep and he'll have an occasional meal that he'll skip.  The last 2 weeks he's started screaming whenever he's frustrated or gets into trouble.  She reported that he's spit...maybe 2 different days.  He always argues with her...  1 day he swat at her...  and now, of course the screaming.

Oh...and there are major potty training issues, too...as in he refuses to go 9 times out of 10 and the woman won't change his pullups because that turns into a confrontation.

1.  Is this normal?
2.  I'm worried b/c is about to put him on probation for his behavior.  Is she giving up on him too soon?  I mean it's been 2 weeks and during those 2 weeks he'll have 2 really good days, 1 day that is sort of good, and 2 really bad days.
3.  What in the world should I do about him?  I feel like a horrible parent b/c of the way my child handles himself when he gets into trouble.
4.  Will a daycare even take him?  We can't afford a real daycare and make too much for govt assistance.  At 3, and not potty trained...not to mention all the providers he's had this year....the instability has got to be overwhelming for the little guy.  I'm freaking out b/c I think our next step will be for one of us to quit our day jobs and work evenings...but then we won't be able to afford the required healthcare that we need for a baby (and a mother with a preexisting condition).

What do I do???!!!!  
Tags: yr, 3, old, 3-yr, issues, Daycare, 3 yr old, years, Baby, child