Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
3y9 m not potty trained

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

3y9 m not potty trained

my son will be 4 this april and he is not potty trained i m trying since he turned 3 in btw i took brakes as he was resistant and i was also expecting another one in dec but now since im trying he is not doing it he cries sitting on the toilet seat he runs away from the lil potty chair holds his pee up to 6 hours if bare bottom and pees in everything like pjs, underpants everything.the only liqiuid he takes is milk and water no juices again he is very stuborn wth tht plzzzzzzzzzzzz help me.as i want him to go to preschool this fall and the requirment is to b potty trained i m really really fraustrated and have nor elatives here who ould help me with it whtever suggestions my frends gav i worked on them but its all useless since he is the 1st child i hav no idea plzzz help me
Put him in underwear, keep him where there is tile for a few days.... no carpet and make him do it. Hes too old to be talked into "liking" running to the bathroom.

You shouldve started trying to potty train around two yrs old. The younger the better. Now he might be too big for it. Good luck! At this age you might need to use force and candy perhaps.... He is too old to be in diapers.
I told my son that the diapers are broken and put a potty seat on the big toilet and after getting over that fear to poop in the toilet it took no time he nows stands up to pee, and doesn't wet the bed at all.. lots of positive encouragement will go a long way.. don't force him it will make it worse, also do you know any other people who have kids around the same age, cause maybe if he sees them using the toilet might give him the incentive to go himself.
Julianovak is right.  At this point you need to take the diaper away and as soon as your kid shows a sign he needs to go just put him on the potty.  To help, you can read him a potty book or another fave book of his to make him sit for some time.  A friend of mine lets her dd sit on a potty while watching cartoons instead of a chair.  You can also try taking him to babies r us and letting him pick out a potty of his liking.  A change of "settings" may help.
Good luck!  
A friend of mine adopted a little boy when he was 3 years old and he was not potty-trained. He resisted greatly - he was perfectly content to sit in a dirty diaper. She started out explaining it to him and trying to reason with him and being "nice" about it. They took him to a specialist to make sure that there was not a reason he was not going to the bathroom on the toilet. After almost 9 months when he was still not using the potty she made him sit on the toilet until he went. (She put him there first thing in the morning, after drinking and meals, and right before bed) She said he sometimes cried for 30 minutes straight. It took a few weeks, but he got it - a couple of weeks before his 4th b-day. Do what you need to do. Try the tactics that make him want to use the potty first. And make sure that there is not a medical reason he is not using the potty (i.e. he can't feel himself have to go to the bathroom) If nothing else works then don't feel bad if you decide to not be as nice.