Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
4 1/2 yr old problems with nail cutting
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

4 1/2 yr old problems with nail cutting

My daughter who is 4 1/2 year old all of a sudden started having problems with anyone cutting her nails. A month ago i could do it and not have a problem. I have never cut them too short or hurt her. But now I just mention cutting her nails and she panics and screams and won't hold still. She screams so hard she gets blood blister spots on her face.  And trying while she is sleeping is not possible since she is a light sleeper. I don't know what caused this change but I need help to fix it. I've tried candy, letteing her cut mine, promise to paint them after, nothing works. Please help.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
My neighbor has had this issue with her 3 year old daughter.  She made nail cutting into a "girls night".  She gave her and her daughter manicures.  Filed the nails, then painted them (a pale pink..lol).  Her daughter loved it, and the emery board was more acceptable at that point then the nail cutters to her.  Now she is fine again with nail cutters.  It's always a bit event at their house.  
Blank
Thank you I'm definitely gonna try it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703