Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
4 Year Old Refuses to Poop at School. Help!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

My four year old daughter is refusing to poop at school. She likes it when her mom and dad are there to help her. She holds her poop all day and gets a bad stomach ache. She has held it for up to 7 hours before. I need some advice on how to make her go when she needs to go. She needs to be responsible for herself. She also pooped her pants in preschool twice, because she couldn't hold it any more. HELP!!

Note: She uses the same bathroom as the boys in her class.....The teacher lines them up and takes them all at once. I think she is afraid.
Is this necessarily a bad thing?  At least if she only "does the doo" at home you'll be able to keep track of her bowel functions for medical purposes"
I believe I answered this post on an other forum...I think you have to make sure the teacher is reminding her to go....