Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
4 year old with a recurring high fever

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

4 year old with a recurring high fever

My daugther who is 4 has also had a recurring high fever for the last 7 weeks now.  She will feel comletely normal then I will get a call from the daycare that she is running a 103 temp.  She has no other symptoms and once the Motrin kicks in she feels fine.  The doctors says there is nothing wrong with her, and that kids get fevers.  It happened again today, she woke up this time with a 104 temp and complained of a stiff neck.  After Motrin she was fine, there is something wrong, as a mother you just know, this is not normal.  I think I will see another doctor and get a second opinon, they may tell me the same thing but I need to feel confident in the answers that I am given.
Is she at a new school or new class? My daughter once ran a few for 4 weeks off and on but she also had a little cold with it. They just told me it was normal because that was her first time at school.

I probably would get another opinon to ease my mind. Good Luck!
Well my daughter who is almost 3 , has the same thing , she has been running fever now for 7 weeks and she acts normal with no other problems , her doctor could not figure it out so she sent her to a infectious diease doctor w ho deals with fever , and she had alot of testing done but we havent got the results yet we got back nov 1 st , but i would see another doctor or tell the doctor to send her to a infectious diease doctor... 7 weeks is not normal!!!!!