Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
4 yr old, Strong urine smell, freq. thirst, tummy ache
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

4 yr old, Strong urine smell, freq. thirst, tummy ache

For the past month or so my 4.5 yr old son's urine smells putrid. It smells like someone dumped ammonia in his diaper (he has asperger's and has decided diapers are his thing for now). For the past 2 weeks he's CONSTANTLY thirsty. He doesn't go without a cup in his hand, he is ALWAYS thirsty. The past week he's been complaining about his tummy hurting and the light hurting his eyeballs.

I have no clue what could be causing this, but we're military and in order for me to not have him pushed on the back burner I have to know what questions to ask because they give me 2 mins and then tell me tylenol is hte answer. (they kept telling me he was only developmentally behind slightly and I was exaggerating his behavioral issues until he SERIOUSLY hurt my 2 yr old daughter. . . Said he just needed more sleep and wanted me to drug him, it took a year to get him tested for spectrum disorders. ..) I need some clue as to what I'm looking at here.

So does anyone have any Idea what could be going on with my little man? Anyone have any suggestions abotu questions I should ask?