4 yr old threatens suicide!
I have a very normal, loving 4 yr old son. About 2 months ago, he started asking questions about death. How do we die? Who decides if we die? How old will I be when I die? Those kind of things. Then, he started crying one day and said he wanted to go see Jesus. I'm so shocked I honestly don't know what to say other than we all die when we get very, very old. My babysitter called me tonight and told me that he got mad bc her daughter wouldn't play cards with him and wrapped a belt around his throat and pulled it telling her he was going to hang himself!  I have NO idea where in the world he would get something like this. (He has nightmares all the time that someone or something kills him). Then, tonight, the sitter calls to tell me that he said he was sad and laid in the floor and told her to come step on his head and kill him. I'm shocked and heartbroken at the same time. I'm a health professional (pharmacy) and have noticed no signs of emotional disorders prior to this. He is a compassionate, loving boys boy who likes everyday boy things. We have a "normal" life with little stress pertaining to him. He is well liked by others and he is my only son, so he is probably a little spoiled. What am I missing?!  I'm not sure quite how to respond to his threats or requests.
I don't have any answers for you, but I did find a similar article that may or may not help you:

http://life.familyeducation.com/behavioral-problems/violence/41421.html
The first thing that comes to mind is that someone else is feeding these thoughts to your child, check out who is around him all the time and ask him if anyone is talking about Death and killing , children do not think up these things at 4 year old, is he allowed to watch bad stuff on TV anywhare as it could come from there , How does the Baby sitter bahave with him and her Family.this sounds like copied behavior.
Basically, whatever is happening, whether it is some stress on him or not he is dealing with something big.  He may be fed this information from someone but I have also seen kids very young talk about hurting themselves.  Either way, he needs someone to intervene.  Please take him to see a child therapist and be evaluated.  It won't hurt!