Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
A pooping play time..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

A pooping play time..

My 2 year old girl plays in her poop. Im not sure if she eats it cause i dont see her untill she comes in the room with poop all over her. She has done it several times more than 4 and I dont know what i should do. Can some one give me some insite on how to discontinue it. She usaly does it when she goes down for a nap or bed time. Only once during the day. Give me some advice and if she has digested her poop is it okay or will it make her ill?
I think all kids this age are just sort of curious about their poop....and everything else.  On one or two occasions, while in the midst of a diaper change, my son has put his fingers in it, and before I could stop him either smeared it on himself, or put it in his mouth.  I've just taught him that it is dirty, and not for playing or eating.  Now, when changing him he will point at the dirty diaper and say "dirty mommy", so he knows.  I highly doubt eating it will hurt her, unless it's large quantities I guess.  But when I read up on this issue by googling, I came across a lot of info that say's this is pretty normal exploration/curiosity.  Just teach her that it's not for playing, and eventually she will get it.
I would recommend you buy one-piece pyjamas that close only in the back. That's the type I use because it's easier to change a diaper than with a regular pyjama, and as an added bonus my son cannot get out of his pyjama alone as he can't access the snap buttons.

The problem is that I have never been able to find these pyjamas in the US, my mom send them to me from France. But maybe someone sells them on eBay?

Here is an example of a photo with the front and back: http://www.gemo.fr/bebe/fille-0-23-mois/vetements/pyjamas-dors-bien/dors-bien-fille-40322710004.html