At a loss on what todo. Help!
I baby sit this lil girl who is 18 months and is really good. But Lately she has started Throwing things. Hitting and just being mean. Nothing as changed here or at home. How do I fix this. Some of the things I do are time out( she sets there plays laughs ) try popping her hand ( she laughs) tried corner and she makes sound on the wall. Any other things I can try
If your hitting her, then that's why she has started hitting you
She's doing this for attention. All kids go thru this. Give her a warning first. That way she understands that what she's doing is linked to the punishment. Designate a chair for Time Out in an area with no destractions. No TV, no toys, no other children if you have any. And make her sit. If she gets up quietly put her back without being angry and without saying anything. Keep doing that until she gets the point. She will be less than pleased but that's the point. Stay calm. Once she's down, ignore her. Keep an eye out for her in case she gets up again but go on doing whatever you're doing. The time is different on most kids. Don't let her up as soon as she starts crying or she'll learn that every time she cries you'll give in. My son is 4 and I usually wait until he's done whining to teach him that whining doesn't solve anything. When she's done, get down face to face her and calmly tell her why you put her in time out. Don't be mad. Be calm. I have my son explain to me why I put him in time out but he's a bit older.... Hope it works. Alot of it is her age. Kids in general love to see how much they can get away with. Good luck. :)