Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Baby - one year old, frequently vomiting..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

My one year old, constantly throws up, she will do it about 3 times a week.  At random times, while she's eating, after she ate, or even 2 hours after she ate.  It always starts with a cough as if she is chocking on something and few seconds later the vomit comes out. She feels totally fine right after and before.  She is healthy, happy no other medical problems.  GI specialists not sure what is going on, and ordering Xrays, which I'm against. Too much radiation at such a young age.  The GI specialist also agreed that Xrays are not good at this age, but can't think of anything else.  Has anyone encountered this problem, should I be worried.  My husband says she will outgrow this.

The baby is gaining weight and is super happy at all times.

thanks.
if she is gaining weight and she is healthy so i dont thing you shud worry that much, and yes as the time pass she will be fine. but for peace of mind take her to the doctor. good luck
She's already been to doctors few times, all to GI specialists, they don't know what's going on, they just want to prescribe meds and do xrays right away.  Wish I could find a doc, who would actually sit down and think about what could be wrong, instead of writing out prescriptions within the first 5 minutes of the apt.  So irritating.
The only way the drs are going to find out what's going on is to do tests...if you don't want them to take an x-ray ask about an upper GI I think it's called...where they stick the tube with the camera down their mouth...obviously something is causing this, and I wouldn't just assume she's gonna grow out of it. I'd want to know what's causing it and if it could be serious. Even though she's being introduced to radiation, it's not going to hurt her to have a couple x-rays. They perform them on babies MUCH younger, my dad and brother are both radiologists, and have taken x-rays of babies a few hours old. If it's needed, it's needed. If there is NO other way...it's not like they can look at her and listen to the symptoms and give you a diagnosis.
Ok I guess, I didn't really want people telling me what to do about it, instead I just wanted to know if anyone had the same problem with their child and how they dealt with it, or if they know what was causing it.
I'm not trying to tell you what to do about it. I had issues with my son throwing up but they're not the same as yours, I changed his formula and he was fine. I'm just letting you that even a parent with a child having a similar symptom to yours doesn't mean a diagnosis.

If it were my child I would be worried about it, and wouldn't accept "she'll grow out of it" as an answer. I would want to know what's causing it and how I could fix it.