Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Baby Weight, Growth Issue?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Baby Weight, Growth Issue?

My daughter just had a follow up. She is 16 months old and she weighs 35.2lbs, height is 33" and head circumference is 51cm. I have a large head (24") and I have always had a large head. My daughter has been in for several blood draws, all of which are normal...Well, some came back as kind of low and such, but nothing that alarmed the endocrinologist. As my daughter has developed she has maintained the fact that she is always at 95% or above according to those stupid charts. And I say stupid because you cannot predict how one kid is going to grow more than another... My daughter has never had one body part shoot up several percentiles, nor has she had one slow down abnormally either.

But now after this follow up with our pediatrician, she wants us to do more blood work and an MRI for a pituitary glad issue.  Personally, I think it is just a bunch of run around and that we have a very health, active todder. My daughter, who's name is Kaydyn, is very active and has reached, if not excelled past each milestone. She talks, walks, sings, dances, knows her eyes, ears, mouth, nose, face, tummy, legs, toes, hands, fingers...all sorts of things...And also, they want to put my daughter to sleep for the MRI, isn't that unsafe for kid that young?

Anyone out there with a similar experience? Does my wife and I have anything to worry about?

Thanks!