Blank Stares and semi conciousness
Dear Doc.

My nephew, only 4 yrs old developed seizure a year and a half now.  He will wake from sleep and lay still and my sister would notice that he did not sprang up as at other time when he awake from sleep.  She would be calling him for seconds and he will not answer but nods his head to questions asked.  We would give him is asthma puffs as he is also asthmatic and sometimes this blank seizure state would last only seconds sometime it would go into minutes and if it persist we would take him to the hospital.  This seizure has occurred about 8 times in  the last 1 1/2 yrs. Its frightening please advise me.

caringaunt
I don't think there is a doctor on this forum. You should definitely get him an eval with a pediatric neurologist if you haven't already. It sounds like he has absence seizures and there are medications for that. My son is being tested for those.