Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Blue lips in 15 month old Daughter

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Blue lips in 15 month old Daughter

My daughter is 15 months and keeps waking up from her naps with VERY blue lips and a low body temp of 94 rectal.  I Have taken her to the dr they did labs, ekg and echo everything looks okay.  Why does this keep happening?  I am very worried. Any ideas?
Her low temperature is almost assuredly causing her blue lips - low body temperature is a major cause of blue lips,  and her temperature is LOW.

What's more important here is to find out why her temperature while sleeping drops so low.  Does your doc know her temperature is that low?   That is absolutely something to look into and diagnose.

Best wishes.  

A google search,  for what it's worth,  revealed that possible reasons could be hypothyroidism and diabetes issues.
I was gonna suggest thyroid tests as well....that's scary. If your doctor can't help you, you need to ask to be referred to a specialist who can find something definitive...I know you're scared, just make sure you tell your doctor that you want an answer no matter how far you have to go for it.

good luck