Breastfeeding with bruise in breast
I am breastfeeding, my child is now 9 months and i just notice a bruise on my right breast close to my nipple line, dark purple colour with dots of red almost like a 'hikky' it is not sore and i know i haven't bump my breast anywhere? Is that a sign i should stop breastfeeding? Is it safe to keep Feeding?
i have always breastfeed with bruise and nothing happened. what i have noticed is that most of the bruises where hikkis from the baby. your so tired at night that sometimes the baby wants to suck and doesnt latch to the nibble and might latch to the breast instead. and since they werent hungry they just wanted confort it didnt bother them they werent getting milk. if it really concerns you ask your doctor. good luck
I used to get those all the time as my son got older.  It's nothing to worry about usually, however mention it to your Dr. if you are concerned.  It won't harm the baby or your milk at all.
Thank you elmo607 and adgal, that made me feel a bit more relax although i will still double check with my doctor.