Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Breastfeeding with bruise in breast
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Breastfeeding with bruise in breast

I am breastfeeding, my child is now 9 months and i just notice a bruise on my right breast close to my nipple line, dark purple colour with dots of red almost like a 'hikky' it is not sore and i know i haven't bump my breast anywhere? Is that a sign i should stop breastfeeding? Is it safe to keep Feeding?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
557490_tn?1326797183
i have always breastfeed with bruise and nothing happened. what i have noticed is that most of the bruises where hikkis from the baby. your so tired at night that sometimes the baby wants to suck and doesnt latch to the nibble and might latch to the breast instead. and since they werent hungry they just wanted confort it didnt bother them they werent getting milk. if it really concerns you ask your doctor. good luck
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
I used to get those all the time as my son got older.  It's nothing to worry about usually, however mention it to your Dr. if you are concerned.  It won't harm the baby or your milk at all.
Blank
Thank you elmo607 and adgal, that made me feel a bit more relax although i will still double check with my doctor.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...