Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Feel like my kid will go to college naked!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Feel like my kid will go to college naked!!

My son is 2. We did the "potty training in 3 days" method.. IE: letting him run around nude from the waist down.. Well it worked! He is 100% potty trained.. But only when he's not wearing pants or underwear! I bought some large boxers to make it easy for him to pull off, but he REFUSES to take them off to potty!
Letting him sit in them doesn't work either, he doesn't really seem bothered and if he does, that's when he'll take them off!
How do I get him to realize he shouldn't pee in his pants? Treats don't work either hell simply ask and ask and ask for a treat and I'll tell him he can if he Portia, and he'll scream bloody murder!
I am starting to feel embarrassed because friends/family are starting to make comments about him running around with no pants :(
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
Well, he is just little.  I might consider pull ups when people are visiting, and just letting him go naked when your alone.  He is only 2, so I doubt the pull ups are going to cause issues.  Remember, average age for boys to potty train is 3 1/2, so he is well ahead of the game.  Best of luck.
Blank
1145691_tn?1291481938
Yay he is starting to get the point finally! I think maybe I just needed to stop asking him, and let him take control himself.
He has now gotten the point that his shorts aren't diapers, and will go to the potty. I am still needing to keep a close eye, as he'll forget to pull his shorts down if I don't remind him.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...