Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Five Year Old Behaving Badly in School Setting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

I am at my wits end.  My son, who is five years old and in kindergarten is behaving very badly at school.  I don't know what to do anymore because he does not misbehave at home.  He isn't very nice to the other children verbally or physically.  He gets a red card almost every day. His name gets written on the board everyday with a check mark next to it for the world to see.  Parents are complaining.  None of the kids like him.  My heart is breaking.  He is a very busy and spirited boy, academically advanced according to his teacher.  She even told me he probably would test for Gifted and Talented when he gets to second grade.  She said she wouldn't be surprised if he was tested seminar(the highest).  If only his behavior was up to par, he could soar.  He has an appointment with the neurologist in the next two weeks.  The school thinks he has ADHD, but he can sit for an hour and do a puzzle.  The school support staff is having a meeting about my child next month to see what there is to be done.  How can he be so academically inclined, yet his behavior is atrocious at school.  At home he is a well behaved little boy.  PLEASE HELP.