Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Frequent BMs and Yeast Infections
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Frequent BMs and Yeast Infections

My 21-month old has always had frequent BMs, approximately 8-12 per day.  She also has frequent diaper rashes (probably due to the amount of BMs) and yeast infections.  She does not have diarrhea and she's not constipated, she just poops all the time!  Up to this point, it's only been a minor inconvenience, but now it's becoming a problem.  You can tell when she's feeling the urge to poop because she gets this look of absolute terror on her face.  She stiffens her legs and tightens her butt muscles and tries so hard not to poop.  Then she starts screaming.  I don't know if it hurts when she's going, or if it's because she knows that a diaper change is soon to follow.  I'm actually surprised that someone hasn't walked by our house and called CPS because of the screaming.  She's screaming because it hurts, I'm crying because she's crying.  Anyway, we're doing everything that's recommended for diaper rash...rash cream, baking soda in the bath, rinsing the wipes before using them or just using wet paper towel, etc.  You name it, we've done it.  But I feel that the rashes are just a side effect of the real problem, the frequent BMs.  I'm not sure how the yeast infections fit into the scenario.  But those are relatively easy to treat with an anti-fungal cream.  We do have an appointment on Monday to talk to our pediatrician, so I'm trying to gather as much info as I can before then.  Has anyone else experienced this?