Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community
Hard white chunks in stool
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to the challenges of parenting toddlers (age 1-5), including physical, speech, sensory, cognitive and emotional development, choosing a daycare/nanny, games & activities, and toilet training.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hard white chunks in stool

My 11month old daughter became overly cranky at night one month ago. Since then it has become a every night thing along with very hard to pass gas. She only becomes uncomfortable at night it seems. There has been no diet change or anything. I noticed she wasn't having regular bowel movements after a while then one night her tummy was very hard. I ended up giving her an infant enema which seemed to soothe her after she went to the bathroom, I hoped she then would return to normal but alas it returned the very next night. I increased her water and juice intake but it still has not helped. I called her doctor and spoke with them, they prescribed some hyosyne drops. I gave them to her as I got her ready for bed but it has not helped. I broke down and gave her another enema and she had several large white hard chalky chunks in her stool. Her stools have also become increasingly lighter in color and paste like in texture. I am concerned since I have 2 other children and have never seen such. What could it be?
Tags: infants, Bowel Movements, light stools, GASSY, constipation
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
377493_tn?1356505749
Well, babies stools do change, but usually that is due to diet change.  Regardless, she is very constipated it seems.  I would take her in to be seen.  Oh, and increase water for sure, but not juice.  Juice can actually add to constipation.  Best of luck to you.
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
If the actual stool gets light in color like putty, definitely get her in to be seen right away.  Otherwise, are you sure she isn't eating something she should not, like chalk?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Parenting Toddlers (1-5) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...